Are you interested in representing the interests of your fellow owners on the Grand Residences Advisory Council?
The Advisory Council comprises five members that represent the Grand Residences community. They meet at least once a year with representatives of DRM and the Resort Management Company, to review and make recommendations relating to Grand Residences Resort Operations during the year in course, the proposed operating budget for the following year and other policies, procedures and matters of interest to the Owners.
The annual Advisory Council meeting is held at Grand Residences. Owners that are interested in serving as Advisory Council members are invited to submit their applications before July 31, 2019.
Current representatives of the Advisory Council will review all the applications received from candidates and will vote for a new member in a private election at the 2019 Advisory Council meeting in October.
Advisory Council responsibilities
The duties of the Advisory Council consist of the review of financial statements for the current year's operations at Grand Residences, all reports presented by Management relating to the maintenance and operation of the resort, the projected budgets for the operation of the following year and proposed Club Service Fees to be paid per interval based upon the reviewed budget for the resort. They also study maintenance and fixed assets programs, proposals for new services and amenities, cost-efficiency operating projects and guest satisfaction survey results among others.
In their capacity as representatives, Advisory Council members raise concerns voiced by Owners in relation to the operation of the resort and follow up on their queries with DRM and the Resort Management Company at the meeting and during the year.
Would you like to apply for the Grand Residences Advisory Council?
If you love your resort home, click here to read the eligibility requirements. If you would like to be considered for this important role, fill in the application form below.
In order to be eligible to stand for the Advisory Council, the following requirements apply:
- You must be a Grand Residences Owner
- You must be over the age of 25
- You must be in good standing with all your financial obligations at the club and at any of the other Royal Resorts
- You must have been an Owner at Grand Residences for at least three years
- You must own one or more Fractions at Grand Residences, the equivalent of five or more weeks in the Grand Residences Fractional Program, and at least one of the said fractions must have been purchased directly from DRM (resales and title changes are not accepted for this purpose)
- You must agree to abide by the Advisory Council Regulations
The following restrictions apply:
- Any person who is, or has been, a Member of any other Advisory Council or similar body, of a Time Share Resort or Vacation Club as well as of other Royal Resorts shall be ineligible to serve as an Advisory Council Member of the Club. This restriction will not apply to the alternates that have not served as Members in the Advisory Council or have served only for one year.
- Any person who is serving or has served as a shareholder, Director,
officer, employee, or a creditor, debtor or supplier or has any interest direct or indirect in the Developer, the Operating Company or any Royal Resorts, except for such person’s interest as a Club Owner, shall be ineligible to serve on said Advisory Council.
- Any person who is or has been a party to any legal action, has made a claim or has, in any way, participated in an interest adverse to the Advisory Council, the Developer, the Operating Company, any Royal Resorts Club or any Owner, Member, Director or officer of the same, shall be ineligible to serve on said Advisory Council.
- Any person who is or has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor within a five-year period prior to his/her consideration by the Advisory Council to serve on said Council shall be ineligible to serve on the Advisory Council.
Any person who is or has been involved in any act, deal, business or scandalous incident within a five-year period prior to his/her consideration by the Advisory Council to serve on said Council shall be ineligible to serve on the Advisory Council.
- Any person who is, or has been, the spouse of an Owner that has served as Member of the Advisory Council in the Club shall be eligible to apply to serve as an Advisory Council Member of the Club one year after the termination of the duties of the spouse in the Club.
- Any person who is, or has been, the spouse of a Member that is serving as Member of the Advisory Council in the Club shall be eligible to apply to serve as an Advisory Council Member in any other of the resorts in which the spouse is not serving as Member of the Advisory Council.
It is important that you read the Advisory Council Rules in full as they include more information on the eligibility requirements for candidates and the restrictions that could render applications invalid.
Submitting your application
Complete the application form online and send it by email, attaching a copy of your résumé and a cover letter stating why you would like to stand for the Grand Residences Advisory Council. Your résumé should include details of current and past employment, your educational background, community work and other relevant career information.
Applications must be received by July 31 to be considered for this year.
Send your application form and résumé or any questions you may have to:
Tel: (954) 485-5400 Ext. 2503
After you have sent the form, open your Sent emails folder and save a copy of the email and the completed form in your computer or on a USB drive for future reference.